What is the size of a standard pallet? According to the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) influencers of the consumer-packaged goods industry around the globe, standard pallet are 48″ x 40″ metres.
Standard pallets are used in freight shipping to protect your goods. Also, for carriers, pallet shipping makes freight handling more effective and helps maximize trailer space. While they can be custom made, there are some pallet sizes considered standard within the freight shipping industry.
You would not be reading this if didn’t wanted to know what is the size of a standard pallet right? Well, look no further because below we provide you different pallet sizes.
Types of standard pallets sizes
- 48 X 40 Metres
- 42 X 42 Metres
- 48 X 48 Metres
ISO Pallet Sizes
There are many different pallet sizes available, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has approved six pallet dimension which are now widely used around the globe.
As you learn what is the size of a standard pallet, it is advisable that you also learn to differentiate then by knowing their types.
Pallets are built to accommodate easy transport by forklift. Below are some of the most common fork entry types of pallets.
Types of pallets
- Two-way pallets have forklift openings on only two ends
- Partial four-way entry pallets have standard forklift openings on two ends and smaller side openings on the remaining ends
- Four-way entry pallets have forklift openings on all sides for full accessibility
- Stringer pallets have two-way forklift openings and use stringer boards to support a unit load
- Block pallets have a four-way forklift entry and use blocks of solid wood to support a load
Pallet Frequently asked Questions
- What is the size of a standard pallet size? A standard pallet size is 48 X 40 metres with each deck board being wide.
- How tall is a standard pallet? A standard pallet is 6 ½” tall.
- How much weight can a standard pallet hold? A standard pallet can hold up more than 2000 kg
- How much does a standard pallet weigh? Pallet weight may vary but in generals, standard pallets weigh between 13 kg.
This information is a good starting point when considering exporting your goods to a different country and don’t want to suffer for extra expenses and time delays of transferring your goods to local pallets upon arrival.
Also, good when you want to know more about taking pallet jobs.