Ever wondered what is the difference between a forklift and a pallet jack? Both are reliable and trust pieces of equipment which can help get the job done, but what are the difference both?
Today you are finding out what is the difference between a forklift and a pallet jack?
The forklift is a lifting and handling piece of equipment mainly used to transfer heavy materials to a height. It is normally used in factories, storage warehouses, for loading and unloading trucks, containers, wagons, and more. Different purchase systems with heat engines driven by gas or diesel. It is appropriate for hectic production activity as well as for long-distance transportation.
Forklift Advantages and Disadvantages
- Lift more weight than a Pallet Jack.
- Forklifts can lift items like bulk bags and drums with different forklift attachments.
- Can be fitted with a platform to lift workers.
- They are mostly electric which takes less man power than manual.
- (Expensive) cost more than Pallet Jacks due to their electrical nature.
- Require much more space for storage
- It requires more maintenance.
Pallet jacks are handling equipment suited for handling at ground level and transporting a load on a pallet. They are not designed for stacking. Manual and electric, both use very simple applications of pallet jacks. They are often used in the sectors of transportation, wholesale or retail trade as well as in the food processing industry.
Depending on the type of goods and the load to be moved, a pallet truck suited to your needs may have long forks, an optional weighing scale, be built of a particular material such as stainless steel or have a greater height of lift than standard pallet trucks.
The Pallet Jack Advantages and Disadvantages
- The Pallet Jacks range can transport loads up to a large 5000kg.
- Long term warranty (strong).
- They can be operated easily by one person.
- The handle makes them easy to manoeuvre.
- They have hard wearing tires with polyurethane.
- Electric pallet jacks are also available, which makes transporting items easier.
- Pallet Jacks tend to cost less than Forklifts.
- Pallet jacks do not typically have as much lifting power as a forklift.
- They are mainly manual, meaning they may not be able to transport goods as far.
- They cannot lift loads to the same height as a forklift.